Applying Professional Scrum™ for Software Development
A fully immersed Scrum developer experience.
You will never go back to the old tedious ways of delivering software.
Applying Professional Scrum™ for Software Development (PSD) is an immersive 3-day course where students make up an entire Scrum Team that concurrently does requirements engineering, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment within a single iteration. Agile engineering practices and supportive ALM tools are explored as ways to improve a team’s capabilities.
Students will work in self-organizing teams to turn requirements into high quality potentially shippable software using the Scrum framework and modern engineering practices.
- Using Scrum
- Working within a Scrum Team
- Definition of Done
- Development Practices
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- Code Reviews
- Using ALM tools with Scrum
- Learn the different aspects of a Scrum Team and what it means to be a team member
- Understand how modern Agile engineering practices and supportive ALM tools improve a team’s capability to deliver working software
- Gain knowledge on how Java and other tools are leveraged in the Scrum Team
The Applying Professional Scrum™ for Software Development course is intended for all members of a Scrum Development Team; architects, programmers, database developers, testers, and others with some technical knowledge. The class focuses on using technology to deliver software in Increments.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open and Scrum Developer Open (free online assessments)
- Have taken the Applying Professional Scrum™ course, or have experience on or exposure to a Scrum Team
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to use it effectively to deliver quality software.
Upon course completion, attendees have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) certification.
In class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSD certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
- Printed course materials (electronic only for live virtual)
- Breakfast and lunch both days (in-person classes only)
- After-class follow-up activities
- One free attempt at the PSD assessment (does not expire) – a $200 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSD certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
- One free hour of agile coaching – Exclusive to Ready Set Agile class attendees
- Outside after-class activities
- Not offered by other Scrum Professional Training Network providers!
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality positions students to effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Ready Set Agile, LLC is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.