Professional Scrum™ with Kanban
Define and create flow. Measure with Scrum.
Use Scrum in its entirety as your container for your principles. Use Kanban to put those principles into practice. Measure and improve your flow with every Sprint.
Professional ScrumTM with Kanban (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum is the defacto standard for how Agile teams work. Scrum exists only in its entirety and functions well as a container for other techniques and practices. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis.
In this class, students will learn how additional practices from Kanban can be introduced into their Scrum Teams without changing Scrum. They will learn how to add the right practices and the benefits that their Scrum Teams can achieve from using Scrum with Kanban
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for all Scrum Practitioners, with an emphasis on Scrum Masters looking to add Flow techniques to their toolbox
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have read the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams (recommended)
- Have taken the Scrum Open and Scrum with Kanban Open (free online assessments)
- Have taken the Applying Professional Scrum™ course, or have experience on or exposure to a Scrum Team
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Kanban works, how to use it, and how to use it effectively to manage workflow.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment.
PSK class participants who attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Printed course materials (electronic only for live virtual)
- Breakfast and lunch both days (in-person classes only)
- After-class follow-up activities
- One free attempt at the PSK assessment (does not expire) – a $200 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality positions students to effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Ready Set Agile, LLC is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.