Applying Professional Scrum™
Experience Scrum first hand.
Product delivery, obtaining quick feedback and realizing quick value becomes your new normal.
Applying Professional ScrumTM (APS) is a hands-on, activity based course in which students experience how Professional Scrum and the Scrum framework improve their ability to deliver value compared to traditional methods. Scrum provides a better way of working that highlights the use of experimentation, incremental delivery of customer value, frequent feedback loops and the fostering of strong team dynamics.
The course provides an active learning environment for students to engage in discussion, team-based exercises, and individual reflection. During the course, students work in Scrum Teams over a series of Sprints to learn Scrum while using Scrum.
- Using Scrum
- Working within a Scrum Team
- Self-Managing Teams
- Definition of Done
- Scrum Events, Values and Artifacts
- Reducing complexity and risk through experience
- Learn about Agility and how Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models
- Develop an Agile mindset by focusing on professionalism, experimentation, and outcomes
- Learn (or relearn) the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly
- Develop an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team
- Learn how to be a great Scrum Team member, or how to support a great Scrum Team
- Leave the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Students use a set of proven practices throughout the class that can be used to enhance their application of Scrum
- Leave with tools that help Identify first steps in applying Professional Scrum with your team
The Applying Professional Scrum course is the perfect introduction to Scrum. It is excellent training for organizations, teams, and individuals wanting to experience the benefits of Scrum. This course is designed to be domain-agnostic; it conveys the use of Scrum in any domain or industry with complex problems to solve. Trainers for Ready Set Agile have experience in multiple industries and are able to tailor the course to the needs of your team.
The course also provides the foundational Scrum knowledge needed for those wishing to continue their education with role-focused (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer, Leader) training classes. APS is not recommended for advanced Scrum professionals.
All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. APS class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
- Printed course materials (electronic only for live virtual)
- Breakfast and lunch both days (in-person classes only)
- After-class follow-up activities
- One free attempt at the PSM I assessment (does not expire) – a $150 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSD certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
- One free hour of agile coaching – Exclusive to Ready Set Agile class attendees
- Outside after-class activities
- Not offered by other Scrum Professional Training Network providers!
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality positions students to effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Ready Set Agile, LLC is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.